The city of Livermore in Alameda County is considered the easternmost city of the San Francisco Bay Area. With a population of approximately 90,000, it is the most populous city in California’s Tri-Valley region.
Livermore is located 45 miles east of San Francisco, connecting to the rest of the Bay Area via the Interstate 580 and 880 highways. Adjacent to Livermore are the cities of Pleasanton and Dublin, while other East Bay cities like San Ramon, Danville, and Alamo are just a few miles away heading northwest.
The city embraces a pro-business environment, making it an attractive destination for entrepreneurs and skilled professionals seeking opportunities in established enterprises. It also features a thriving arts and culture scene, owing to the region’s rich western heritage.
Livermore, CA real estate
Homes for sale in Livermore, CA come in a wide variety of sizes, styles, and configurations. The city has a diverse selection of neighborhoods as well, with approximately 70 communities for homebuyers to choose from.
Homebuyers will find a generous selection of one- to two-story homes. Living spaces range from anywhere between 800 square feet to 3,700 square feet, while lot sizes can be as large as 11,000 square feet to half an acre, depending on which community you are buying.
Indeed, no matter your need or preference in your ideal residence, Livermore has a perfect house for you.
Living in Livermore, CA
- Livermore enjoys a Mediterranean climate, with mild summer and winter conditions that make living here pleasant throughout the year.
- The city’s historic downtown district is beautifully preserved and is now home to excellent shopping, dining, entertainment, and cultural destinations. Read more about them here.
- Love wine? Livermore is considered as California’s oldest wine region, having been founded in 1869. Living here means having access to numerous award-winning local wineries, as well as being surrounded by lush agricultural landscapes.
- Livermore is more than just an agricultural area, however. Science and technology also thrive here. In fact, the city boasts of the rare distinction of having its own entry in the periodic table of elements. The synthetic chemical element known as Livermorium was discovered in the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory during the early 2000s.
- Livermore is also home to a remarkable world record. The Centennial Light has been burning—almost non-stop—since 1901.
Does Livermore, CA sound like the ideal place to find your next dream home? Call Armario Homes at 925.260.2220 or email deanna(at)armariohomes(dotted)com to see the latest listings and the best deals in this outstanding East Bay location today.